This is the first in-person trading opportunity in China for many international yarn and fibre suppliers since the country reopened its borders earlier this year. Accordingly, a healthy blend of exhibitors from around the world have taken the opportunity to showcase their various products in Shanghai, including:
- Cotton Council International, USA (H8.2 – C56): CCI will present its U.S. Cotton Trust Protocol®, a programme to ensure transparent sustainability, and COTTON USA SOLUTIONS®, a series of business-building programmes.
- Texvista International, Singapore (H8.2 – E51): with downstream manufacturers in Colombia, Sri Lanka, and the US, Texvista produces a wide range of yarns, including pure cotton, polyester, polyester blend, and textured yarn.
- Hengbang Textile, Vietnam (H8.2 – D56): Hengbang specialises in the manufacture of recycled cotton yarn, commonly used for products such as socks, mops, gloves, knitting fabric, denim, weaving fabric, ropes, and blankets.
Other notable international exhibitors include Rieter Machine Works, Switzerland (H8.2 – E55), showcasing its Com4® end spinning machines, Everest Textile, Taiwan (H8.2 – E47), with its variety of functional yarns, Kewalram Textiles, India (H8.2 – C48), and Texperts India (H8.2 – D55).
Hoping to appeal to buyers from China and further afield, a host of quality Chinese exhibitors is preparing to converge at next week’s show, with several key players highlighted below:
- Sateri (H8.2 – E58): in addition to EcoCosy®, its flagship viscose rayon fibre, the company will showcase FINEX™, its recycled cellulose fibre, as well as its sustainable lyocell fibre.
- Jiangsu Yueda Cotton Spinning (H8.2 – A108): based in Yancheng, the company will feature cotton yarns, including organic, recycled, ring spun, and vortex; and functional yarns made from PLA, Naia™, and biodegradable polyester.
- China Petrochemical Corporation (H8.2 – E80): the Beijing-headquartered conglomerate will be showcasing its fibre-grade chips, film-level chips, industrial silk-grade chips, polyester staple fibre, and acrylic staple fibre.
- Tongkun Group (H8.2 – E110): with the vast majority of the company’s production equipment imported from Germany and Japan, its quality PTA, spun polyester, and filament polyester yarns have been exported to manufacturers in over 60 countries.
Informative fringe events to focus on yarn and fibre developments
Many of the latest industry trends and innovations will be rolled into Yarn Expo Spring’s fringe programme, where audience members can hone their knowledge and visualise forthcoming fashions. Notable events include:
- New Fibre New World – Textile Materials Innovation: university professors and enterprise leaders alike will deliver insights on topics such as the progress of intelligent textiles, new fibre development trends, and the application of zero-carbon fibres.
- China Fibre Fashion Trends Display Zone: organised by the China Chemical Fiber Industry Association, the zone will showcase samples of around 30 different types of fibres from 32 pre-selected companies, highlighting apparel trends at their source.
- Fashion shows: several will take place over the three-day fair, including Tongkun-China Fibres Fashion Trends Show 2023/2024 and Restart and Remodelling Denim Fashion Show.
Yarn Expo Spring will be held alongside Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics – Spring Edition, Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles – Spring Edition, CHIC and PH Value. The synergy created by the five concurrent fairs elevates the value the platform offers as the entire supply chain gathers for three days of networking, business matching and information sharing.
Yarn Expo Spring is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT. For further information, please visit: www.yarn-expo-spring.com. To find out more about all Messe Frankfurt textile fairs worldwide, please visit: http://texpertise-network.messefrankfurt.com.
Notes to editors:
Further press information & picture material
Texpertise, the textile business network, stands for Messe Frankfurt's entire textile commitment. With a unique portfolio currently comprising around 50 international trade fairs in 11 countries, the company is the world market leader in trade fairs for the textile industry. Texpertise Network covers the entire value chain of the textile industry and, as a central communication platform, provides valuable information on the textile trade fair brands.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
The Messe Frankfurt Group is one of the world’s leading trade fair, congress and event organisers with their own exhibition grounds. With a workforce of some 2,200* people at its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main and in 28 subsidiaries, it organises events around the world. Group sales in financial year 2022 were around €450 million*. We serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of Messe Frankfurt’s key strengths is its powerful and closely knit global sales network, which covers around 180 countries in all regions of the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. We are using our digital expertise to develop new business models. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Sustainability is a central pillar of our corporate strategy. Here, we strike a healthy balance between ecological and economic interests, social responsibility and diversity. For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com/sustainability. With its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent). For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com
* Preliminary figures for 2022
- yes23-pr4-en (pdf, 254 KB)